Friday 13 March 2009

Where did it all come from ?

The book said "all you need is time, patience, and an endless supply of milk"!

The date was sometime in the mid-90s and the book in question was entitled 'Cheesecraft'. I picked it up in a monastry somewhere where the monks produced everything they needed. That got me thinking - I have patience, and I know where to get an almost endless supply of milk - all that was missing was the 'time' bit!

Wind forward about 10 years.... I purchased myself a Cheese making kit. The thing that struck me most was the fact that it hardly contained anything! Surely you must need more equipment to make cheese?! The simple fact is - you don't need much!, just good fresh milk and as mentioned, time and patience (and as I found out later an extreme attention to detail). What followed then for the next few months can only be described as extreme experimentation which produced numerous disasters but one or two successes.

No comments: