Saturday 14 March 2009

Time to make some time.

Whilst thinking about how to make the time to make some cheese, it suddenly struck me that the one single thing getting in the way of this was work! I worked in an IT department of a major UK bank and I realised that I was giving the vast majority of my time to the company (after all, that's what they paid me to do!).

"When will I see some of this cheese on Skipton Market......?!!"

.....said the boss one day as he sampled a piece! That was it - it was time to do something about it. The answer came in the form of the "career break" programme, which I started in July 2008 after 22 years of service!

Since leaving the company, it appears to have gone into freefall, eventually being swallowed up by another major UK bank! This gave me an extra incentive to succeed - when my career break comes to an end the company and my old department will look somewhat different to the one I left in 2008!

No comments: